What is a Learning Management System?
Moodle is a Learning Management System (or LMS) designed to provide educators, administrators and learners with a single robust, secure and integrated system to create personalised learning environments.
Developed on pedagogical principles, Moodle is used for blended learning, distance education, flipped classroom and other e-learning projects in schools, universities, workplaces and other sectors.
As a highly flexible LMS, Moodle can be used to conduct courses online or to support face-to-face teaching, learning and training. It can also be extended with over 500 plugins for assignments, quizzes, grading, certification, and social and collaborative learning.
Why do you need an LMS?
- Onboarding and Related-training
- Workplace Safety Training
- Online Learning and Continued Education Opportunities
- The Hiring and Interview Process
- Online Course Development
- Product and Service Launches
- Communities of Expertise or Communities of Practice